First Line Fridays - June 24, 2022 

Every night, she and her best friend Wes risk their lives to steal Moonflower petals and distribute the elixir to those who need it most–but it's still not enough.

This is the first line from "Defy the Night" by Brigid Kemmerer. I love what she writes. I read all of the Cursebreakers Series and I am attempting to read the rest of her backlist. This one is starting out great! 

Go over to Reading is My Superpower and see all the links to the First Line Friday participants. 

Happy Reading!

Alleluialu

Comments

  1. Happy Friday!
    I’m currently reading To Kiss a Wallflower. It’s an anthology of short stories. So far, I am loving it! I’ll share a line from the story I’m currently reading.
    “Lottie left the woods with a new sense of power.”
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Short stories are always a great way to read.

      Delete
  2. That's such an intriguing opening! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Happy Reading to you, too.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cover!

    I posted the first line from A Healer's Promise by Misty M Beller: https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/06/24/a-healers-promise/

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Your book sounds good, too.

      Delete
  4. My first line comes from Long Way Home by Lynn Austin. Just released.
    Hudson Valley, New York. June, 1946
    “I know it looks hopeless,” I told Jimmy Barnett’s father. “But we can’t give up until Jimmy is better. Until he’s home again.”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog