FIRST LINE FRIDAYS

First Line Fridays is a book meme hosted by Carrie at Reading Is My Superpower . My pick for this week is a Middle Grade novel entitled To: Night Owl From: Dogfish by Holly Goldberg Sloan & Meg Wolitzer. It is one of the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club Summer Reading Guide titles that is on my list to read this summer. Here's the first line (actually a little more): 

From: Bett Devlin

To: Avery Bloom 

Subject: you don't know me 

but I'm writing you anyway. This could go into your SPAM. Maybe you're the kind of person who checks the spam. I don't. I found your email address online. You have a strange name. I never met anyone named Avery. But that made it easier to find you. So thank you for having that name. 

There it is. I wanted to write more, but I probably exceeded the "first line" thing too much already. I'm reading this book for Reader's Weekend and I want to start it now. It is being compared to The Parent Trap, so I'm excited. 

Hope you have a great reading weekend, too! 

Alleluialu

Comments

  1. You could also link up with Book Beginnings...there are no hard and fast rules for just the first line. I hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check that out. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. My first line this week comes from Critical Alliance by Elizabeth Goddard:
    Her world was spinning out of control. Correction. Not her world but her body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a book I would read. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy adding Middle Grade books to my reading life. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I am currently reading The Bachelor and the Bride by Sarah M. Eden. It's really good.
    "In recent years, in the area of London near Belsize Park, a young physician by the name of Sefton Palmer established himself as a reliable man of medicine and an individual of inquisitive disposition."
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look that up. I might enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. This sounds cute!

    I'm reading A Dream of Family by Jill Weatherholt. The first line is: "Past Due."

    Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun story! This week I shared the first line from Heirlooms by Sandra Byrd. http://gracetogrowblog.com/first-line-friday-heirlooms/

    Hope you’ve had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog