What Am I Reading This Week?

June 6-12, 2022

 

National Velvet by Enid Bagnold – This is my Children’s Classic for June. I plan to read at least 1 chapter per day. I have borrowed this book from my local library.

 

The Complete Persepolis by Mariane Satrapi – This graphic novel was a gift from my daughter last Christmas. I read 1 chapter per day.

 

The Anomaly by Herve' Le Tellier – I am listening to the audiobook version of this selection. I heard it was for lovers of the TV show LOST which I loved. I have seen all the episodes at least 3 times. I’m anxious to see if it lives up to that.

 

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner – I borrowed this book from my local library. It is one of the 10 books I have chosen to read this summer from the Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading Guide. The story follows a couple of time lines and so far I am enjoying it very much.

 

Where the Last Rose Blooms by Ashley Clark – This is #3 in the Heirloom Secrets trilogy by Ashley Clark. I have already read the other two and enjoyed them. There are Christian beliefs woven in to the story, but not heavily. It was very naturally done. I am almost finished with this one.

 

Bomb Shelter: Love, Time and Other Explosives by Mary Laura Philpott – This is the June book for the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club. It is a series of essays by Philpott which explores her childhood, her children and their family life. I planned to read just one essay per day, but I am finding it hard to put down. I love when that happens!

 

What are you reading this week? Hope your books are unputdownable, too!

 

Alleluialu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog