What am I reading this week? August 1 - August 7, 2022

Finished over last weekend: 

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - I have been reading the series The Raven Cycle since April of 2021 and now I am finished with it! I listened to the audiobook of several of the books and Will Patton is amazing. His voice is soft when needed but definitely terrifying when called for. Plenty of exciting things happened to round out this story. Excellent!

The Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer - This is book #4 of the Artemis Fowl series. I really wasn't very involved in this one and have decided not to pursue the rest of the series. It just doesn't interest me at the present time. 

To: Night Owl From: Dogfish by Holly Golderg Sloan - I just finished this one on August 1st. It is one of the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club's Summer Reading selections that I chose to read this summer. At first I would say it was a cute middle grade written in epistolary form, but it really dealt with some serious issues. The two girls involved were both daughters of gay men who met and fell in love, then "forced" their girls to go to the same summer camp so they could go on vacation together. As would be expected, the girls ended up loving each other and couldn't wait to be sisters, but their dads broke up on vacation. Of course. However, the story continues and has unexpected twists - one that I didn't even realize was a thing as I was reading it! It was a good read! 

Reading this week: 

This Time Tomorrow by Emma Straub - I borrowed this one from my local public library. I really think it is important to support our libraries. It is also one of the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club's Summer Reading selections. I am only on Chapter 5, but so far it's good. The chapters are short so far, which I like. I'm hoping the time travel part comes soon. 

The Shadow Sister by Lucinda Riley - This book is the 3rd of the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley. The books are long, but wonderful. This one is about Star. I just started it yesterday so I can't say too much, but I expect it to be as good as the others have been. I love this series. 

What are you reading this week? 

Alleluialu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog