The Violin Conspiracy by Brendan Slocumb

I read a physical copy of this book that I borrowed from my local library. I hear the audiobook is outstanding and I am sure it is. I am a musician and Ray was playing in my imagination and it was wonderful! I loved the way he had scenes running through his head while he was playing the music. Many times I feel a kinship with the characters in a book as though they are real people - and this certainly was the case with Ray. I felt really bad when his family didn't support him - except for Grandma Nora, of course. And the racism he had to endure was terrible. I know I am an old white lady and cannot fathom what he went through, but I am sad about it. When I read that Brendan also endured these things, I felt even worse. Usually it takes longer for me to read a physical book than listen to an audiobook, but I felt as though I flew through this one because I needed to know what would happen. 

I am really looking forward to Brendan's next book, "Symphony of Secrets" which comes out in April. Brendan impressed me even more during the Author Chat on the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club website last week. He was funny, engaging and wonderful! Good luck in all you do, Brendan. Can't wait to read your next book!


Happy Reading!
Alleluialu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog